Friday, May 13, 2011

Poloroid!




One nice thing about Poloroid is that it is not a digital camera.  You have one shot to get the photo you want. And now that you had to search ebay to find film and it is hella expensive... you really don't want to waste a shot.  You really have to think about what you are planning to photograph ahead of time. I took these photos above while Phoenix and I were on our road trip up the west coast last summer.  Since they were vacation shots, I asked a lot of different people to take the photos of us, and have to be brave to ask them to get a certain angle or brave to just see what happened.  I love them all!

Another nice thing about Poloraid is that it is just like a digital camera.  You get to see it instantly! So satisfying on a printed paper too.  Plus I love shaking and waiting a little bit while it morphs before your eyes.  It doesn't feel that long ago, though, that they were more common, but I do like how it has an old feel now.

In the last photo, you can see the old camera, that I got at a yard sale down the street, hanging from grandpa's vanity in my room. Works great!  And, it is awesome 80's pink & grey no less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chatting!