Saturday, September 3, 2011

Granny's Jewelry

My dad thinks he remembers giving his mom, my granny Lu, this cream porcelain rose bracelet when he was in high school in the 50's, which I will always think of her when I am wearing.  Thank you Aunt Mari for giving this to me.

Here is a picture of a necklace I a recently made in memory of Granny Lulu complete with a small curly haired cherub who has had her fill of icecream and a birds nest for her love of springtime and watching the action outside her window in later years.

A charm I gave my aunt Mari to keep thoughts warm and let her know were all still with Mari in our thoughts as Lulu is with us.


It feels very healing to create and wear jewelry in memory of someone. Thinking of granny Lulu while selecting beads that reminded me of her because of the colors, golds, rosy antiqueness, was like a meditation for creating peace within me.  The little reminders on the charm remind me to "follow my heart", which I feel is a big lesson for valuing life.

I would love to show my close friends a video I created of pictures throughout Lulu's life to one of her favorite composers, Gershwin.  I am glad that the amazing slideshow tools were readily accessible and learn-able for times like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chatting!